Wednesday 16 November 2011

Agentsearch™ Update: It's a No after all.

Well, I posted a little while ago about how my Agent Search was faring. At the time things were quite positive, but I've received the official rejection letters from the agencies in question.

Oh well. This is what all those authors are talking about when they say you need to be persistent.

Positive things to come from this:

1- It was my first ever submission to an agent ever, and it got beyond query and in to full MS review. That's got to be encouraging.
2- I can canvass more agents at once now that I'm not under review from a specific agency.
3- I get to fix a typo that was sitting RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of my intitial query for the next set of agent eyes. That's going to make me feel approximately 2000% better about the next submissions.

Rather than disappear in to a wine bottle or declare myself more of a musician than a writer anyway, I plan on combing the manuscript this week and sending out a new round of queries on Monday morning.

Crisis Generation will live.

No comments:

Post a Comment