Monday 26 September 2011

Somebody fire that fuckin penguin.

It's happening again, guys. Come on. We need to get our act together.

Conservatives have discovered and exposed the gay agenda again.

This is like the millionth time we've been found out. It's bad enough that they saw through our thinly-veiled requests for equality in the equal marriage debate, now they're on to the Banned Book Week gambit. It's only a matter of time before one of these guys gets around to watching Glee and discovers Operation Klainebow in full swing. We can't subvert and destroy the fabric of society if people like Safelibraries.org and MissionAmerica.org are on the case, stitching it back together the second we rend it to pieces.

And somebody take Silo off the goddamn payroll. We paid that fuckin' penguin good money to play gay for us only to have him discover his male love for a female penguin. I said, didn't I, at the last agenda meeting? You cannot trust a penguin.


TRAITOR

Now we find ourselves in the awkward position of having to re-write 'And Tango Makes Three' to reflect the fact that the true story it was loosely based on has taken a different turn. I understand this to be a very common problem in the world of literature and entertainment. We can take our cues from Danny Boyle's apology for 127 Hours as a template for this:

"It is with great remorse that I unreservedly apologise for my film, 127 Hours. I understand that many people went to see it on the basis that Aron Ralston was forced to amputate his arm after a rock climbing accident. They were quite understandably outraged when they discovered that Ralston now has a prosthetic arm, rendering my depiction of him as a one-armed man quite false and very misleading. I have withdrawn the film from sale and will never make another film again."
Somebody get writing.

We made another classic beginner's mistake with Banned Book Week. Here's a summary:

Harvey said the ALA "has become a megaphone for leftist values and a disinformation tool to prevent traditional values from getting much shelf space in libraries."

I think we all see the problem here. It's obvious. The ten books that we are secretly trying to push into the hands of every innocent straight child in the world are FAR TOO BIG.

Shelf space is very important. These big gay books are taking up the space of maybe three or four traditional values books, and that's drawing attention to them. It's kind of hard to keep a low profile when the books we're subversively sneaking on to the bookshelves of sweet, unspoiled American libraries are taking up entire shelves that used to be occupied by stories about sensible, uneventful marriages. My recommendation, if it means anything to the board of gay directors, is that we pick another list of much smaller books as a matter of urgency. Maybe even just one or two page pamphlets that get right to the heart of the agenda.


Hello, young man. Kiss a boy, then adopt a baby!
There. That ought to do it.

I want this resolved by the next Agenda meeting, okay? Oh and Thommeusse, it is your turn to bring the plate of french pastries. Do not show up empty handed again.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, that was funny. ;) Especially the caption of the penguin picture.

    Seriously, I have no problem with the book. What I report is that the American Library Association [ALA] is intentionally lying to the LGBT community to get those LGBT members to act in a manner that promotes the ALA's agenda. The ALA could care less one whit whether lying to the community hurts the community.

    Personally, I feel it is important to be honest and not to lie to people, especially not to lie to people about how others hate them so much when the evidence shows no such thing. It may even show the opposite.

    And by evidence, I mean, for example, I have a tape of an LGBT author admitting that the ALA said other books were challenged more than hers, but since hers dealt with the LGBT issue, the ALA decided to put that on the list anyway. You can hear the author saying this herself. Her book was #9 on the recent 2010 list, so she was in a position to know. So the list is faked.

    I would love to see someone like you write a blog post about getting lied to about how everyone supposedly hates you so you will get riled up and push the liar's agenda. That I'd like to see, and that has the evidence to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    I was going to address your comment in a new blog post but have decided for reasons of candour to confine it to a reply.

    If you are well intentioned with this comment - which, I confess, is what it sounds like - then please understand that you appear to have missed the point of the post. Also please understand that coming here and patronising to me about the fact that I have 'been lied to about how everyone supposedly hates me' is very difficult to take in the spirit of kindness. I don't care about the machinations behind the ALA's banned book list. What I care about is the hysterical and utterly homophobic way in which the list was treated in the article I am targeting.

    I don't need a banned book list to tell me that people 'supposedly hate me'. I have articles like this one to PROVE that some people do.

    'And Tango Makes Three' is misleading because the pengiuns that it's based on have 'split up'? You simply must agree that is a ridiculous thing to say. Gay-themed books are pushing books with traditional values off of American library shelves? That is both patently untrue and hilarious.

    The intent of this blog post was to point out that the article over on World Net Daily was the worst kind of unhelpful and unture. Any genuine point that was trying to made either there, or in your response here, is cruelled by both the patronising, arrogant and vitriolic way it is put across and the homophobia at the root of the objection. This is the concluding paragraph of the article:

    '"Instead of cheap sensation, weird voyeurism, sexual titillation, and glamorized pathology, reading could be for most kids a source of big dreams, heroic admiration, and wholesome nurturing," Harvey said.'

    The fact that gay characters or themes are considered at odds with 'big dreams, heroic admiration and wholesome nurturing' is the big giveaway here, Dan. That is a loathesome and false thing to say, and I will spend my life proving as much.

    That's end of story. I won't stop you from commenting further, but I won't entertain an argument.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch, I am totally sincere. And to back up my claims, there's that recording I made of the author admitting what she did. So really I'm just the messenger.

    As to the remainder of that article, I did not write it. Further, I have made public statements supporting the book. Let me know if you wish a link to that--I believe it was broadcast on an NPR station.

    Mitch, please research what I wrote, listen to what she said, then hopefully take action. The LGBT community should not be toyed with, particularly where people are falsely alarmed and it is done to promote some other organization's agenda.

    ReplyDelete