Thursday 22 September 2011

Not sure if genuinely trying, or wasting time...

I'm in a bit of state of limbo at the moment. I'm juggling queries, waiting to hear back from people, and unable to touch any manuscripts for fear that someone will say 'please send me your work' and I'll only have a half-gutted draft. So what's a nervous aspiring writer to do?

Try something totally different, of course!

This is so different, however, that I'm kind of concerned that I'm completely wasting my time. I've outlined twenty-four half-hour episodes of a Sci-Fi Action/Adventure TV series called 'Sovereigns'. It's kind of a Firefly/Cowboy Beebop thing. I really like it, but I've never written screenplays before and I'm fairly sure that selling scripts like these is much harder than selling a novel.

All the same, here's the very first page of the very first episode, 'A Blackeye Junkie'. Exclusive to the Internet!




Currrently writing: Episode Seven. I might make it to episode 24 one day, who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment